Exhibitions for 2019
Summer Exhibition at Gallery 4, Salisbury Library 1st – 31st August 2019
Stewarding is an obligation that members accept in return for the opportunity to exhibit their work. This provides an extra level of security over and above that provided by the library.
- Are the focus for visitors’ queries.
- Attend to sales of work
- Deal with membership enquiries
- Stewarding sessions are divided into morning (10am to 1pm) and afternoon (1pm to 4pm) sessions, giving some 46 slots to be filled. Entrants will be asked to do two sessions, normally in pairs, and sign up at hand in. If this is not possible, members should try and identify an alternative suitable person to take their stewarding slots. Members who are not exhibiting are also welcome to steward.
- Members can email Annie George at: firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate dates and times before handing in if they want to book stewarding slots in advance.
- If any member would like to discuss or receive guidance on the role of being a steward please contact Annie George or Paul Ryder.
- We would like to have a number of working artists in the gallery during the exhibition. If this is something you are interested in please contact Loraine Sherlock to coordinate dates and timing.
Hand Back: (Monday 2nd September 10am to 2pm)
Unsold work will be handed back to the artist on production of the receipt given at the handing in session. Members may delegate this task.
Should you wish to take advantage of adding your ‘Artist Profile’ to a folder that will be available to visitors please at ‘handing in’ give us an A4 sheet containing your profile details. This is often a terrific way of telling a prospective buyer of your background – and could clinch a sale!
With the ‘Arty Selfies’ initiative taking place over the Exhibition period don’t forget an opportunity will be there perhaps to exhibit a portrait. Portraits have sold in the past but more recently we do not appear to have had many.
Christmas Exhibition at Salisbury District Hospital
Hand in: 18th November at Harnham Church Hall (Committee Room)
Collection: 6th January 2020 at ArtCare office, Salisbury District Hospital
Details to be posted nearer the exhibition dates.