Exhibitions for 2019
Exhibition at Arundells, The Close, Salisbury
Theme: ‘Picture Salisbury’
Hand in: Thursday 21st March – 9.30am to 12.00pm
Private viewing: Friday 22nd March – 4.30 to 6.30pm
Exhibition starts: Saturday 23rd March
Exhibition ends: Tuesday 21st May
Handback: Wednesday 22nd May – 9.30am to 12.00pm
Exhibition at Five Rivers Leisure Centre, Salisbury
1st – 31st July 2019
Theme: ‘Time and Tides’
- Hand-in: Monday 1st July 9.30am to 11.30am Five Rivers LC
- Hand-back: Wednesday 31st July 9.30am to 11.30am, Five Rivers LC
WHAT YOU CAN SUBMIT:
- One picture per member, any medium
- Original piece of work, not exhibited at previous SGA exhibitions.
- Maximum size is 50 x 50 cms, so opportunity for smaller pictures this year.
- We will endeavour to hang all submissions. However, if we are over subscribed, and depending on hanging space, we may have to be selective.
- £5 per picture. Proceeds will be donated to ArtCare at Salisbury District Hospital.
PRESENTATION OF WORK:
- Paintings must be suitably framed. A poor frame may lead to a picture not being accepted.
- Paintings must have a taut cord secured to D rings one third from the top of the picture.
- Two required – One stuck to the back of the picture, the second to be a baggage type label attached by string to the base of the picture on the back to help the hanging process.
- Each label must state: Title of picture, Medium, Price, Artist’s name.
PRE-NOTIFICATION OF PICTURE DETAILS:
- Please send the information requested under Labelling, together with the overall dimensions of your painting to Paul Ryder (email@example.com) by Monday 17th June for cataloguing and display label presentation.
- Paul Ryder and Annie George will act as contacts for sales to avoid everyone’s contact details being on display. A notice will direct a prospective buyer to contact Paul or Annie who in turn will liaise with the artist to arrange the sale.
- If you have any questions please contact Paul Ryder on 01722 504907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Exhibition at Gallery 4, Salisbury Library
Hand in: 1st August at Salisbury Library
Collection: 2nd September at Salisbury Library
Details to be posted nearer the exhibition date.
Christmas Exhibition at Salisbury District Hospital
Hand in: 18th November at Harnham Church Hall (Committee Room)
Collection: 6th January 2020 at ArtCare office, Salisbury District Hospital
Details to be posted nearer the exhibition dates.